A 4- Part Workshop Series
Drs. Gene and Ann Gatty believe that people are the most important asset in any business. Each individual has hidden talents and abilities that often go untapped and, therefore, unused. The Leadership Sphere of Excellence® workshop series introduces ways that your team members can work together and increase their productivity and become more effective team leaders.
Leadership Sphere of Excellence® topics:
Know Thyself and Others, Too
We begin the workshop series by completing a personality trait assessment to learn what strengths each employee possesses. The assessment identifies the ways in which people gather information, make decisions and derive energy from the work environment. By being aware of the individual’s own personality traits, the employee is more capable of diagnosing the traits of others, and therefore, understanding how to work well with other different personalities. The employees learn what strengths they bring to an organization. Skill-knowledge and self-confidence are enhanced.
- Participants will develop a heightened self-awareness about how they prefer to deal with the world in which they live and develop an enhanced mutual respect and trust for diverse preferences.
- Participants will be assessed and will learn to Identify communication strategies that can be used to improve their personal effectiveness, working relationships and the workplace environment
Understanding Situational Leadership
We also focus on strengthening leadership skills. Leadership is not about the individual; it’s about how well the leader inspires and leads others. It’s about how well the leader creates a collaborative environment where everyone is heard and is aligned with the company’s mission. By using the Situational Leadership Model, participants become familiar with 4 different leadership strategies that can be matched to the four capability levels of the employees.
- Participants will identify their leadership strengths and develop strategies to improve their weaknesses.
- Participants define and improve both their listening skills and motivation skills to better communicate directions, purpose, and acceptable performance standards.
Developing Teams that Work
Utilizing the Desert Survival Situation™ participants will engage in a simulation activity that demonstrates the importance of working together as a team to solve problems. The simulation is as follows: “It is approximately 10 o’clock in the morning on a mid-August day and you have just crash landed in the Sonoran Desert in the southwestern United States.” Your task is to rank 15 items salvaged from the plane in the order of their importance to your team’s survival.
- Participants will experience constructive, team-oriented problem solving.
- Participants will improve their efficiency and effectiveness in both individual and group decision-making
We work with you to develop a productive time management strategy that focuses on the important/urgent matrix, and helps participants determine their specific high and low payoff activities. Through practice they learn to establish realistic priorities which provide more efficient time management in both work responsibilities and personal commitments.
- Participants will learn easy prioritizing strategies to get work done.
- Participants will learn how to modify project plans when things go wrong.
- Each workshop session is approximately 2 1/2 hours in duration.
- All materials are provided.
- The sessions can be presented onsite or virtually.
We believe your time is valuable. We promise not to waste your time!
Let Dr. Ann or Dr. Gene expand the leadership capacity in your business today!
Talk with us about how we can customize the perfect leadership training for your team! Our mission is to help you build your business with a team that can bring you to the next level!